Workplaces are now moving towards contemporary furniture that is more ergonomically designed to improve employee productivity and reduce absenteeism caused by back pain. Kneeling chairs are becoming popular office furniture as they offer a more natural sitting position that helps reduce strain on the spine. So what is the kneeling chair? How does it work and what are its benefits?
In this article, we will look at all the details that relate to kneeling chairs.
What Are Kneeling Chairs?
A kneeling chair is a type of ergonomic chair that is designed to reduce stress on the spine by evenly distributing body weight between the pelvis and lower legs. The seat of the chair is angled such that the thighs are positioned at a 60-degree angle to the calves, which creates an open space in front of the knees.
This open space allows the user to maintain an upright posture without putting strain on the back. Unlike conventional office chairs, kneeling chairs do not have a backrest. This may seem like a disadvantage at first, but it actually helps reduce back pain as it encourages the user to maintain an upright posture. The lack of a backrest also allows the user to move freely and adopt different positions while seated.
The kneeling chair works by evenly distributing body weight between the pelvis and lower legs. This is made possible by the seat of the chair being angled at 60 degrees, which creates an open space in front of the knees. The open space allows the user to maintain an upright posture without putting strain on the back.
The lack of a backrest also allows the user to move freely and adopt different positions while seated. This is beneficial as it helps to reduce stiffness and improve circulation. Ultimately, the kneeling chair will reduce the strain on your spine, improve your posture and help you stay more alert and comfortable while working.
Benefits of Kneeling Chairs
There are many benefits associated with using a kneeling chair. These include:
- Reducing back pain – by evenly distributing body weight, the kneeling chair helps to reduce strain on the spine. This can lead to a significant reduction in back pain.
- Improving posture – the open space in front of the knees encourages the user to maintain an upright posture. This helps to improve spine alignment and prevent slouching.
- Improving circulation – the ability to move freely and adopt different positions helps to improve circulation and reduce stiffness.
- Reducing absenteeism – by reducing back pain and improving posture, the kneeling chair can help to reduce absenteeism caused by musculoskeletal disorders.
- Increasing productivity – the improved posture and circulation can help to increase employee productivity.
Kneeling chairs are an excellent investment for any workplace as they offer a number of benefits that can lead to improved employee health and productivity. If you are looking for a way to reduce back pain and improve posture, then a kneeling chair is definitely worth considering.
Drawbacks of Kneeling Chairs
Although kneeling chairs offer a number of benefits, there are also some potential drawbacks that should be considered. These include:
- Initial discomfort – as the knees bear most of the body weight, there may be some initial discomfort when using a kneeling chair. However, this will usually subside after a few days as the muscles and joints adjust to the new position.
- Potential for injury – if the chair is not used correctly, there is a risk of injuring the knees or ankles. It is important to ensure that you are using the chair correctly and following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Not suitable for everyone – due to the way they work; kneeling chairs may not be suitable for everyone. People with knee or ankle problems may find that the chairs aggravate their condition.
Kneeling chairs are a great way to improve posture and reduce back pain. However, they are not suitable for everyone and there is a risk of injury if they are not used correctly. If you are considering buying a kneeling chair, it is important to weigh up the potential benefits and drawbacks before making a decision.
How to Use a Kneeling Chair
Using a kneeling chair is relatively simple. However, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you are using the chair correctly.
When first using the chair, it is important to take things slowly. Spend a few minutes each day getting used to the new position. As your muscles and joints adjust, you can gradually increase the amount of time you spend in the chair.
It is important to maintain good posture while using the chair. Sit up straight and ensure that your back is aligned with the seat. Avoid slouching or leaning to one side.
When getting up from the chair, it is important to do so slowly and carefully. Avoid sudden movements as this could lead to injury.
Kneeling chairs are a great way to improve posture and reduce back pain. However, it is important to use them correctly to avoid injury.
How to Pick the Right Kneeling Chair
When choosing a kneeling chair, there are a few things to keep in mind. Firstly, consider the type of work you will be doing while using the chair. If you will be sitting for long periods of time, you will need a chair that is comfortable and supportive.
Secondly, consider your budget. Kneeling chairs can range in price from around $100 to $1000. It is important to find a chair that is within your budget.
Thirdly, consider the height of the chair. You will need a chair that is the right height for you so that you are comfortable and can maintain good posture.
Finally, consider the type of material you would like the chair to be made from. Kneeling chairs are typically made from wood, metal, or plastic. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks.
There we have it! Everything you need to know about kneeling chairs. These chairs offer a number of benefits but it is important to use them correctly to avoid injury. When choosing a chair, keep in mind your specific needs.
If you are stranded and need any help with kneeling chairs, feel free to reach out to us.